Functions for moderators and presentators
In the following overview you will find a description and instructions for the functions of the IMS RealTime video conference system after you have logged in and lead the conference as a moderator.
1. Create a > new room and join the (still empty) meeting.
2. Choose whether you want to join the meeting (initially) only as a listener or whether you want to share your microphone immediately. Alternatively, you can also release your microphone at any time during the meeting
(It is recommended for moderators to share the microphone directly).
If you release your microphone immediately, an echo test appears.
To do this, speak something into the microphone. Do you hear yourself, click “Yes”. If you can’t hear yourself, click on “No” and choose another option for your microphone in the audio settings.
The echo test will now appear again. Do you hear yourself, click on “Yes”.
3. You now enter the meeting room with a microphone, but still without a shared webcam. If necessary, activate your webcam using the symbol at the bottom.
Select your webcam and the quality in the settings. A preview appears in the black window on the left. Then start sharing.
Sharing your screen
1. Click the “Share Screen” button to share your screen with the other participants.
2. In the pop-up window, select which area you want to share. You can choose between “Entire screen” (so that all your activities are visible, including changing browser windows / tabs or your desktop when you minimize the browser), “Window” (so that the current browser window is visible, including changing between browser tabs) or “Chrome tab” (this means that only the current tab is visible in your browser, e.g. in the chrome browser).
Then click on the selection below, e. g.on the screen, a browser window or a browser tab (if several options are available).
3. Click on “Share” at the bottom right to share your selection.
4. To stop sharing, click on “Stop sharing”.
Upload presentation/ start poll/ share video (only possible as presenter)
1. To conduct a poll, first upload a presentation or show the IMS default slide. Click on the “+” symbol at the bottom left of your RealTime Meeting.
2. Select “Upload Presentation” to upload a presentation to share with meeting participants.
The limit for a presentation uploaded during the meeting is 50 MB and a maximum of 200 pages. The maximum for a default presentation that you can upload in advance is 25 MB.
3. Select “Start poll” and set up your poll, which you start manually with the meeting participants.
4. In the article > Sharing videos in RealTime, you will find instructions on how to present videos to your participants in RealTime.
Randomly selecting participants (only possible as moderator)
1. As a moderator of e. g. a workshop, coaching or a question and answer session, you can use the “+” symbol at the bottom left in your RealTime Meeting to randomly select someone from the list of participants visible to all others.
2. The next random choice from the list of participants is made via “Select again”.
1. If you have uploaded a presentation, you can start it using the “Restore presentation” button at the bottom right.
end it with “Hide presentation” at the top right edge of the presentation window.
2. Control the presentation using the arrows at the bottom of the presentation window.
3. Click on the hand icon on the right to use editor tools to highlight areas in your presentation, e. g. by adding text in different colors, circling with the pen or by enclosing an area.
To use a whiteboard, upload a white slide or white PDF page. The same functions are available to you on this.
4. Click on the presentation symbol below to get into the “Multi-user mode”.
1. On the left you will find the participant and chat area. Open the participant overview and click on the gear symbol to manage the participants.
There are various options available to you here, e. g. You can delete the status icons of all participants, mute or unmute all participants or save (download) the participant names.
2. Under “Restrict participant rights” you have several options to restrict the rights of all participants. All options are enabled by default.
A participant blocked by the moderator cannot unblock himself.
3. If necessary, you can add one or more “Breakout rooms” or group rooms to your meeting, specify the duration of the meeting and split the participants randomly or by drag & drop, or allow them to choose a room themselves.
4. If necessary, create subtitles for your meeting in a language of your choice.
The input field with various text editor tools and a download function appears after calling up the option in the chat window.
(!) The pre-set number of participants contains a buffer of 5 moderator participants to ensure that moderators can still enter rooms that are already fully occupied by participants.