Creating a new room, editing a room
In the following overview you will find a description of the options for creating new RealTime video conference rooms and what options you have when retrospectively editing existing rooms.
1. Open the room overview and create a room for your meeting.
2. In addition to the room name and the start of your meeting, you have many options for setting up your meeting room.
The welcome text and the text of the login window are already preset and can be changed.
– whether you want to end the meeting – personalize the link. A standard setting is already available.
– whether your meeting should be protected with a password, enter an individual password if necessary and select the maximum number of participants (the text for the maximum number of participants is preset and can be changed).
– whether you, as the moderator, decide for each participant who logs in whether they are allowed to enter the room; whether any participant can start the meeting; whether all participants are automatically moderators and have the same rights (as you as moderator); whether the participants should be automatically muted when they enter the room (this option is selected by default).
– whether uploaded presentations should be minimized before they start (this option is selected by default) and whether a button for presentations should be displayed. Another button allows you to upload one or more presentations directly.
– whether there should be a private chat in addition to the public one; Show or hide Notes / Left Sidebar / Raise Hand icon.
3. Save your settings and create the room with the button at the top right.
4. Simply send the automatically generated room URL as a link to your participants.
1. Click on “Edit” in the room overview.
2. You can change some settings afterwards:
Name & setup
If necessary, change the room name, the welcome and login window text, select whether the room should take place at the planned start or not (the date cannot be set here – with this function, only moderators can enter the room before the meeting starts, participants cannot) and whether the participants should be redirected to a special page when they log out.
Access & roles
Subsequently choose whether the room should be password-protected, whether the room should have a maximum number of 25 participants (preset – here you can choose a number yourself before the start of the meeting) and which message should appear when the maximum number of participants is reached. Also determine which roles the participants and moderators should have, this information can still be changed during the meeting.
Choose whether a presentation should be shown from the beginning or not and whether this should be the standard presentation or one of your choice. If necessary, you can upload a presentation here.
Range of functions
Decide which functions should be available to you and your participants. You can choose between a public and private chat, a note function, the display of the left sidebar and a raise hand function for participant messages.
> Broadcasting RealTime Meetings as a live stream on the IMS platform
After additional booking, the “LiveStreaming” option is activated.
Language / language setting
If necessary, choose a language that is used as the default instead of the respective browser language setting.
Each participant can change this setting individually in the settings during the meeting (top right via the three-point menu).
(!) A limitation of the number of participants cannot be changed during the meeting.
(!!) The pre-set number of participants contains a buffer of 5 moderator participants to ensure that moderators can still enter rooms that are already fully occupied by participants.