Elections as part of the poll
In the survey management, you have the option to set up and individualize elections as part of the > poll. Certain questions that you have previously created in the > survey management are displayed at certain times (time windows possible).
You can control the choice yourself in the > survey management during your event. If blocked, the choice will not be displayed on the website, instead a blocking notice will appear, which you can define yourself. The default text is “Survey locked”.
Creating an election in the survey management:
1. Create a > new survey.
2. If the poll / election is to be started, open the poll using the lock icon.
3. Use the (green) radio button to select the first or next question, unlock it with the > lock icon and click > apply.
You lock the current election question yourself, e.g. after one minute via the > lock icon.
If locked, the result will be displayed directly if you have selected the show result function in the project window.
4. Use the > radio button to select the next question that you want to vote on, unlock the associated lock and lock the other locks. Click on > apply.
Show choice in project:
1. Create a new window and select “survey” as the window type, select your poll from the survey management and select [ ] Allow live control.
2. Select [ ] Secret vote – this means the question will be displayed until closed and the results will not be visible until it is completed. (This is not a “real” secret election, see notes at the end of the article.)
Do not select the button [ ] Show next question, otherwise the participants can click through it themselves.
3. Select [ ] Do not show question in results if only you want to see the result, but not the participant.
4. Select [ ] Show result and the results will be displayed when the choice is closed.
When you have voted and are waiting for the result, you can specify a text for election in the general settings. The default text is “Result will be displayed shortly.” This text is automatically displayed after an answer has been selected.
(!) It is still displayed in participant tracking who voted for what if the participant has to enter their name during the registration process and the option “Link to login (if available)” has been selected under the general survey settings. This is thus not a real secret vote.