Adding networking module – “MyProfile” with “Chat”, “Video chat” and “Matchmaking”
With this function, you can add a chat for registered and logged-in participants to your project.
In order to be able to use the chat, you also need the > registration module on the landing page of your project.
1. In the registration module, choose what information your participants should provide when logging in to your project, e. g. first name and last name as text input. The e-mail address is already pre-programmed. In addition, we recommend a checkbox with the confirmation of data protection in accordance with data protection guidelines.
2. Add a new page and a new window to your project and select “MyProfile” as the window type.
3. Choose from various additional options. If required, similar to the MessageBox, you can download and delete the messages with or without registration data, display a participant view, insert an individual heading on the browser page, activate the vCard (business card, description see below). Also decide whether the module should be deactivated by default for all logged-in participants, so that they can decide for themselves whether and when they are visible to other participants, whether offline users are displayed, public chat (global chat) is possible and whether the video chat option to be activated via our RealTime software.
4. Select whether the module should also be displayed on other pages in your project.
5. You can change the color of all parts of the chat module either by entering the color code in the text fields or by clicking on the color squares and choosing a color.
6. Select, which of the registration fields you have defined should be recorded in the participant management and should be displayed with a mouseover effect (left column) and which of them should be visible “as name” under the chat avatars of the participants (right column). At least one registration field must be defined and recorded.
7. If necessary, activate the matchmaking option to connect your participants based on selectable topics. Each participant can choose from a selection of topics that interest him and then receives a list of other users who have selected matching topics.
Select the maximum number of fields or topics each user can select, how many of them must match in order for matches to be displayed, and add all topics as individual items with the respective designation.
8. If necessary, change all displayed texts of the MyProfile module.
Starting a chat
You can now start a chat with all registered and logged-in participants.
1. Click on the avatar icon in the browser window to open the chat window on the right-hand side. You can now select participants from the list to start a private chat with them. If necessary, you can use the search function to search for specific participants.
2. Open your avatar by clicking on the icon.
3. Click on your avatar, upload a profile picture and crop it.
Your avatar will now appear on your browser page and in the chat for all participants with your personal profile picture. If you receive a message, this will be displayed with a number.
4. Hover over other participants to learn more about them (if more was specified in the associated setting).
Starting a video chat
If you have booked a RealTime user account and video chat option, you can start a 1:1 video chat with all registered and logged-in participants. If you have not booked the option, it is greyed out in the module window.
1. In the settings module window, activate the option > “Video chat” and enter your RealTime account number.
2. You can now see the video chat icon next to everyone’s profile picture and name in the chat window. Click on the icon and select “Ok” in the pop-up window.
3. Select “Join room” to directly enter the room or select “Copy room link” to copy the link e. g. to send it to other participants or to open it in another browser.
Sending your business card
If the “Activate vCard” option is selected in the module window, you can email each participant your business card with the information you provided during registration.
1. Open the chat and click on the business card icon next to the profile picture of the participant you want to send your contact information to.
2. A window with the shipping confirmation will open.
3. The selected participant then receives an e-mail with the data and a .vcf file for their electronic address book.
(!) Make sure to only integrate the module into your project in one window and only on one side to ensure full functionality. If the chat should be available on several pages, you can set this in the module window.
(!!) If the option “Deactivate MyProfile by default” is selected, each participant must first activate their profile in the avatar settings in order to receive full functionality and be able to follow the chat.
(!!!) At least one registration field must be defined and recorded.